The Apology
The last blog entry was massive and so this one will be a short one..I was coming back from yet another meeting with the lawyers and it was almost dinner time. It is enough to say that the meeting didn’t go well or rather as I expected it to. I wasn’t in bad mood as of such I was returning home on my humble Scooty. The road users in
So yeah I was on the way back and then this Rider with a small kid as pillion was right in the middle of the road. To me it looked as if he was trying to get across. I following the Usual shouted at him Bewacouf (which means Fool in hindi/Urdu) ...and carried on
This guy took it in the bad sense and chased me down the street. By the looks of it, he was there to pick a fight. I stopped and asked what his problem was and which led to a small scuffle and he took swing at me. He missed but managed to dislodge my specs and before an actual fight broke out the by standers rushed to the spot and separated us and we carried on our own ways. I was furious by this time and not that I wanted to go back and fight but I was just pissed out. I told myself that it was not worth it....fighting on the road as it would be in the papers the next day and I didn’t want that. So I swallowed my pride and headed home. I did think about this incident for a long time and then after a while forgot about it.
Recently I was heading back home on the same street and this bike pulled up in front of me and the pillion asked me to stop on the side of the road. I stopped and the pillion came up to me and said “I am sorry brother, We had a scuffle sometime back and I felt really bad so I have come to apologize., please …no hard feelings...I was in a bad mood that day…and I am sorry. ” I was genuinely shocked by this gesture and never in my wildest dreams had thought of this happening. I shook his hand and said “its alright … don’t worry….no hard feelings …. “
I was left with a felling I can’t really describe. I went back home and pondered over this for a while and then came to a conclusion that people are not that bad after all….its just the circumstances that make us bad…
No comments:
Post a Comment